How Arasian Uses Your Information
- No matter what information you provide (address, phone, etc.), Arasian will ONLY communicate with you through E-mail.
- When we do send you E-mails, they will not be solicitation E-mails (at this point, we don't even sell anything). They will be for one of the following reasons:
- Account creation/change confirmation - Information directly pertaining to your user account which requires notice or approval.
- User to User E-mails - E-mails generated from actions peformed by third party users using software running on the Arasian server - for example, film requests in Atrium or private messages in a forum
- Direct Contact - Direct, human-to-human contact to deal with a support issue related to your specific account.
- Your IP address, time of visit, current browser, country of origin, and page viewed will be logged by the server and may be used to build a statistics profile, used to find errors and improve service to you. This is standard operating procedure for an internet site.
- When paying with credit card, your information will be handled with Paypal. Arasian does not store and does not have access to your credit card information.
- Law requires that Arasian share information with authorities when so requested (and when such a request is within applicable laws).
How Arasian Keeps Your Information Secure
Sending information over the internet is inherently insecure, especially over wireless or unsecured connections. However, we will make every effort to secure your information both in transmission and storage.
- Upon an invalid login attempt, your unique IP address, username, and time of login may be logged. This is for your security. Multiple invalid login attemps from the same IP address may be used to temporarily lock an account or notify an administrator. This is to prevent "brute forcing", or trying many passwords in rapid succession to attempt to guess the password of an account.
- SSL Encrypted Connections: SSL encrypts the information sent between the server and your computer, preventing a third party from reading the information while in transit. Should this technology be used, the address will appear as http://secure.grafias.lunarpages.com/~arasian3/pagename. This address is still the Arasian site. Not every page or form is encrypted, however Arasian makes every effort to use SSL where it is most applicable.
- MD5 Password Encryption: Your passwords are irreversibly encrypted in our database. This means that should your account be compromised, your password cannot be retrieved. However, it also means that should you lose your password, you will need to create a new one.
- Password Textboxes: Unless otherwise indicated with "CLEARTEXT" written next to the input box, passwords will be displayed as a series of dots.